We’re mixing it up today, going for a little community participation. It’s been a while since we posted a Friday Five, so here’s how it works. We tell you about five of our favorite whatevers, and you chime in with yours.
Since we’re in the Dog Days of Summer, we thought it appropriate to go with
THE FIVE BEST THINGS ABOUT SUMMER
1. Beach time
2. Heirloom tomatoes & sweet basil*
3. Cool, quiet mornings – and evenings – in the garden
4. Perfectly ripe peaches (and figs, berries, plums, apricots, and melons…)**
5. Fields of sunflowers drowsing in the heat
*Okay, technically two things, but they were obviously made for each other.
**Clearly I’m too much of a hedonist to stick to five. 🙂
Summers are always short in Vancouver, and this year it seems to be shorter than ever. It’s July 27 and we’ve had 10 days of real summer weather – and then we sprang back to wet, cool spring. So my summer five begins with the simplest of things:
1. Sunshine. Pretty please.
2. Early mornings and late nights – even when it’s raining, all that light is fabulous.
3. Not having to carry my umbrella. Not having to buy an umbrella because – yet again – I’ve got caught in the rain.
4. All those gorgeous bodies – male and female – walking the Seawall, playing volleyball or football on the beach, windsurfing, jogging.
5. Sitting outside at my favorite restaurant, with one of my favorite people, drinking vinho verde and watching the world go by.
Your turn! What are your favorite things about summer?